Ali Starfucker
Lawrie Immersion is my Dad

what was the last movie you watched?

Post by Ali Starfucker »

we saw invictus a couple of nights ago

total snoozefest.

.miaou
harbinger of debauchery

Re: what was the last movie you watched?

Post by .miaou »

Stop Loss. It kind of fell apart a few times, not great acting; I still enjoyed Channing Tatum and Ryan Phillipe, though. :blush
:cat:

Ali Starfucker

Post by Ali Starfucker »

shutter island - bleh.
He used to do surgery
On girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins

Senor_Mathias
Sith Lord

Post by Senor_Mathias »

(500) Days of Summer

<3 Zooey Deschanel
One part vitalizer to a million-zillion parts water; the recipe for revolution!

Ali Starfucker

Post by Ali Starfucker »

the runaways
showgirls

both dirty for similar reasons
He used to do surgery
On girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins

Senor_Mathias
Sith Lord

Post by Senor_Mathias »

The Last Emperor

I was expecting a really dry historical movie, but I gotta say it really engaged me. That's not to say it's still not a really dry historical movie.

Ali Starfucker

Post by Ali Starfucker »

the last temptation of christ
one of the most perfect films ever made.
He used to do surgery
On girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins

Senor_Mathias
Sith Lord

Post by Senor_Mathias »

The Last Temptation of Christ is on the top of my list of Criterion DVDs to buy, just keep forgetting to buy it when I have the money to do so.

Speaking of Criterion, just watch 8 1/2 finally. Not sure if I completely understand it after the first viewing, but definately a film I'm willing to go back and rewatch.

Ali Starfucker

Post by Ali Starfucker »

Senor_Mathias wrote:The Last Temptation of Christ is on the top of my list of Criterion DVDs to buy, just keep forgetting to buy it when I have the money to do so.

Speaking of Criterion, just watch 8 1/2 finally. Not sure if I completely understand it after the first viewing, but definately a film I'm willing to go back and rewatch.
make sure to get the last temptation online from either amazon or the criterion site because everywhere else i have seen it has marked it up to a ridiculous price.

you should definitely watch the blu ray release of the seventh seal if you haven't already
it looks gorgeous.
He used to do surgery
On girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins

JymmyZ
damn you blue crack

Post by JymmyZ »

Ali Starfucker wrote:we saw invictus a couple of nights ago

total snoozefest.
I have that DL'd, after the Oscars I figured it might be worth checking out but I won't be rushing to it in that case

I just watched Law Abiding Citizen. Gerard Butler does a good job in it, and it's a fucked up movie. I could do without Jamie Foxx in it though. As a matter of fact, I could do without Jamie Foxx in anything.
Checked out The Blind Side after the Oscars too, I don't get why Sandra Bullock won for that, it sure wasn't anything special.

Senor_Mathias
Sith Lord

Post by Senor_Mathias »

Ali Starfucker wrote:
Senor_Mathias wrote:The Last Temptation of Christ is on the top of my list of Criterion DVDs to buy, just keep forgetting to buy it when I have the money to do so.

make sure to get the last temptation online from either amazon or the criterion site because everywhere else i have seen it has marked it up to a ridiculous price.

you should definitely watch the blu ray release of the seventh seal if you haven't already
it looks gorgeous.
I bought both Seventh Seal and Monsoon Wedding on DVD just before I decided to get my PS3. Kinda hate myself for doing so. But yeah, the Criterion page is generally where I check prices first. Although, I've noticed you can get some pretty decent prices on some of the Criterion blu rays in Calgary right now too. Picked up the Last Emperor for $29.99 and 8 1/2 for about $37.99 at Best Buy.

Ali Starfucker

Post by Ali Starfucker »

Senor_Mathias wrote: I bought both Seventh Seal and Monsoon Wedding on DVD just before I decided to get my PS3. Kinda hate myself for doing so. But yeah, the Criterion page is generally where I check prices first. Although, I've noticed you can get some pretty decent prices on some of the Criterion blu rays in Calgary right now too. Picked up the Last Emperor for $29.99 and 8 1/2 for about $37.99 at Best Buy.
oh no! that sucks. the 'seventh seal' blu ray really is worth it. i don't usually notice the difference but wow! i really wish they would release 'cries and whispers' on blu ray.
we picked up the 'for all mankind' blu ray but i haven't got around to watching it yet. that is a great price for the last emperor. we were looking at the last temptation at hmv and it was almost $70 on dvd which is fucking ridiculous.
He used to do surgery
On girls in the eighties
But gravity always wins

Dwunky
damn you blue crack

Post by Dwunky »

Up In The Air - Pretty decent, although had to listen to the woman make comments on Clooney the entire time.

Takedown aka Hackers 2 - Not to bad for what it was. Then again I was sick and laying on the couch home from work so I may have been easy to please.

I suggest you all check out Young People Fucking! Love that movie.
beep beep goes my jeep

Senor_Mathias
Sith Lord

Post by Senor_Mathias »

Ali Starfucker wrote:oh no! that sucks. the 'seventh seal' blu ray really is worth it. i don't usually notice the difference but wow! i really wish they would release 'cries and whispers' on blu ray. we picked up the 'for all mankind' blu ray but i haven't got around to watching it yet. that is a great price for the last emperor. we were looking at the last temptation at hmv and it was almost $70 on dvd which is fucking ridiculous.
Yeah, I was all hyped up at checking the HMV Megastore in downtown Vancouver for their Criterion selection and was saddened by the prices there still. Then I look at the Criterion website and see The Last Temptation of Christ for $31.96 and am happy again. Even with the american to canadian conversion and shipping I'll be paying $40.00 at most.

Cubed
damn you blue crack

Post by Cubed »

The Addams Family - Gave it a rewatch after being reminded of its existence due to a (so far denied) rumour that Tim Burton would be doing a stop motion Addams Family movie.

As for this film, its still awesome. Great performances and a beautifully dark aesthetic that seems almost Burton-ish as is.
Cubeds Broken Emporium
April 17th/2010 - Philthy City Presents - Jade!